[etni] Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year 5764) on the J Site

  • From: "Jacob Richman" <jrichman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:12:03 +0200

Hi Everyone!

Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year 5764, begins
Friday evening, September 26, 2003 and continues until
Sunday evening, September 28, 2003.

The J Site - Jewish Education and Entertainment
http://www.j.co.il
</a>
has several entertaining features to celebrate the new year:

Jewish Trivia Quiz: Rosh Hashana

Which special prayer is said in the days before Rosh Hashana ?
Which group of foods is customary to eat on Rosh Hashana ?
What are the other three names of Rosh Hashana ?
How many times is the shofar sounded during Rosh Hashana ?
Which food is customary NOT to eat on Rosh Hashana ?

The above questions are examples from the multiple choice
Flash quiz. There are two levels of questions, two timer settings.
Both kids and adults will find it enjoyable.

Rosh Hashana Clipart
Whether you need a picture for your child's class project,
a graphic for your synagogue, Hillel or JCC new year
announcement, the Jewish Clipart Database has the pictures
for you. You can copy, save and print the graphics in
three different sizes.

Multilingual Word Search Game: Rosh Hashana
Enter the Multilingual Word Search game and choose the
language you would like to play in: English, Hebrew or
Russian. There is an easy mode for the kids and a harder
mode for us big kids. Each game is randomly generated.
You can even print out a blank game (and the solution page) for
offline playing. The easy mode was simple? Try the hard mode in
a foreign language with the timer on. Remember that looking at the
solution page is a last resort :-)

My Jewish Coloring Book - Rosh Hashan Pictures
Young kids love to draw and this online coloring book
is made just for them. Three different size "brushes"
and 24 colors to choose from. You can print the completed
color pictures or print black and white outlines to color offline.

My Hebrew Song Book - Rosh Hashana Hebrew songs (with vowels)
for viewing and printing. All songs are in graphic format so you
do not need Hebrew installed to view or print them.

The J site has something for everyone, but if that is not
enough, I posted on my website 90 links about Rosh Hashana,
from laws and customs to games and recipes.
The web address is:
http://www.jr.co.il/hotsites/j-hdayrh.htm
</a>

Please forward this message to relatives and friends,
so they may benefit from these holiday resources.

Enjoy!
Jacob