[etni] Question about accomodations

  • From: michele ben <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI Discussion List <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:49:55 +0200

Is "Hakra'at She'elon" an accomodation in English or is
using a tape recorder the only valid accomodation for
getting the test read out loud in English?  My daughter has
the accomodation of getting her tests read to her in Hebrew
and using a tape in English.  The school counselor said that
there is also "Hakra'at She'elon" in English as well.  Is
that true?  The reason I'm asking is that the school never
makes tapes for the tests and they just read her the test.
I am concerned that if she must use a tape to take her
bagrut she won't know how to use it efficiently.
Thanks,
Michele