[etni] Priviledged schools

  • From: Barry Praag <bpraag@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry Batya but that's the way that this government
has decided to mould our education system into a copy
of the good old US of A. The haves and have nots.
The fact that light years before anyone else the
kibbutz movement decided,surprisingly, that they would
put as many resources into education as it needed
should not come as a big surprise. Even today when
most kibbutzim are nearly bankrupt they have not
stopped trying to maintain this policy.
Wake up Israel and do the same instead of pumping it
into the pockets of the haves and other money wasters.
They don't need it.

"One of the major faults is that it's geared to the
privileged, and that
does include the kibbutz schools.  It's geared at the
schools with more
than the minimal teaching hours.  It's geared to
schools with computers
and Internet, and with students who have computers and
Internet at
home.  It expands the social gap.

Yes, I've found ways of doing projects sans Internet,
but officially my
students are "second class," and I consider that
socially immoral.

Batya"