[etni] Interaction between Arabs and Jews

  • From: "David R. Herz" <davidrherz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:19:36 +0200

I looked at the Post article, and really like the idea.  I am presently
teaching in schools in both sectors, and find the need for greater
understanding, especially on the Jewish side, is high.  I think its worth
looking into on other levels as well.  Drama, for instance, is a great way
to teach English.  How much greater it would be if we had students from
different sectors working together, or even having them working separately
on the same play, and then viewing each others and seeing the differences in
interpretation.  Or heck, just get them to play soccer together.

David R. Herz

Bet Rimon

Bueine middle school

Yeshivat Bnei Akiva at Sde Yaakov