[etni] Re: Iana

  • From: "Gary Zone" <gary_zone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: weiss_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:38:40 +0000

>We were so sure Iana would win this battle!!  She was such an optimist, so
>we were optimistic too.
>She touched us -colleagues and students alike- with her warmth, her
>friendly nature and the special light in her sparkling eyes.  She was a
>real professional, intelligent, open to innovative ideas, creating her own
>and sharing all she had with others.

I have seen a few letters about this lady, but have no idea who she is.
Obviously she was well loved and respected by her colleagues.
Would it be appropriate to send by e-mail or place on the ETNI site, a short
bio of who this lady was and her accomplishments? Perhaps with a small
photo?
It is one more way of paying tribute to 'one of our own'.
Just a thought.
[As an aside, during the millennium year the Canadian Association of Retired
People, was asking for submissions for Great Canadians to post weekly on
their site. I kept reading of famous politicians, scientists, etc. Finally I
sent in my own submission. The people at CARP were suprised that only I, and
I alone, sent in such a one. They made it their final weekly addition of the
year 2000. If you want to take a look at it, see:
http://members.shaw.ca/gzone/parents/gtcans.htm
It felt so good to do it, almost therapeutic. Whoever writes the bio for
Iana will probably feel much the same.]
Gary (Gershon)
Calgary, Canada