[etni] Re: How to solve the Listening Comprehension Conundrum Five ideas

  • From: judy <judyewc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:46:10 +0200

Actually you have a point Barry.  HOTS or not, we have intelligent kids,
with the added advantage of being younger and more tech-savvy than we are.
What if the English staff/English coordinator/principal/inspector/whatever
sat down with a couple of average Bagrut candidates - with and without
hakraah - and asked them what way to go.  They would know what technology is
at the disposal of their friends, what's easy to do, where the pitfalls
are.........and instead of mailing each other back and forth, perhaps each
school coulfd come to an intelligent conclusion.  If we could check for
patterns and trends, and many see that they need more help or a different
form of disc/tape/smoke signal from the Ministry, then a specific request
could be formulated, explained and justified.

Out of the mouths of babes.............

--
"Music will save the world."  Pablo Casals