[etni] Fwd: book drive for Bedouin school English libraries

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:31:19 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: laurie ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: book drive for Bedouin school English libraries

Hi Everyone,

I've just launched a new English-language library at Abda
Elementary-Junior High School (grades 1-9). This village school is
located south of Midreshet Ben Gurion, across from Avdat National
Park.

The first books came from the Jade Bar Shalom Books for Israel Project
and Richard Steinitz has once again generously sent a package of his
lovely books, too.

I'm reaching out to you all to lend a hand...a book or two.. for this
new library. If you're coming south, I'll be glad to arrange a pick-up
in Beersheva. If you plan on walking in the Ben Gurion March next
weekend, you can drop in and drop off the books and have a cup of
coffee. I'll be in the north next month at Jacob's Ladder Winter
Weekend (Dec. 10-11) and will be performing at Klil Cafe in the W.
Galilee on  Thurs.,Dec. 9. Bring your offerings...and enjoy the music!

Of course, you can bring books to the ETAI conference in Beersheva in Dec..

Remember, all books should be in very good condition. They should be
suitable for elementary or junior high school learners. Of course, if
you have books for high school, I'll be glad to have those as well and
will make sure they find a good home in another school library.

Please contact me if you can help. Thanks!
Laurie
laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx