[etni] Fw: wanted - library books for new Bedouin school

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:04:03 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: wanted - library books for new Bedouin school

Hi All,

I'm working in a brand new beautiful school, ORT Um Batin, and once again,
must start from scratch in building an English-language library. Presently,
the school has 9th and 10th grades only but will "grow" and become a
full-fledged high school.

We need suitable readers on different levels for the library - easy-to-read
books which are all in very good condition and will be attractive to our
teen readers. Consider whether the book would "grab" your own kids or
grandkids?!

There is no public library in the village, so this project is even more
important. The kids have no chance of choosing library books for extensive
reading under the circumstances.

If you  have any books to donate, contact me. We'll find a way to get them
south to Beersheva where I can pick them up.

For your information, Um Batin is a Bedouin town located between Omer and
Tzomet Shoket.

Thanks to you all!
Laurie
laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx