[etni] Fw: typo?

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:25:59 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharon Tzur" <sharontzu5@xxxxxxx>
Subject: typo?

I'm going out on a limb here, but in exam D line 15, isn't it a mistake to
put a comma after "animals"? I would think that "which are in danger" is an
identifying clause (programs to save those animals which are in danger).
This is also information needed to draw the conclusion that mountain
gorillas are in danger. (question 4).

Of course, it could be argued that all animals today are in danger of
extinction, in which case a comma indicating a non-identifying clause would
be in order, but I don't think that that's what the writer meant.

Yours,

Sharon Tzur