[etni] Re: Fw: semi formal letter

  • From: Steiner Family <steiner1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:56:09 +0200

Dear Ruth,
These days, foreign language writers - and readers - are likely to both use and
encounter forms of writing which are neither wholly formal nor wholly informal:
letters to the editor, to internet sites, to advice columns, etc.  We find it
important that pupils at the higher levels should learn to deal with such forms
of writing.

The term semiformal is meant to cover these letter types. We saw fit to use the
terminology  'semiformal' merely as a term of convenience.

All the best,
Judy