[etni] Fw: re: questionaire

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:44:49 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruthi - rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: questionaire

There was a document (many pages long) compiled by a number of English
teachers, which I sent to the new Minister and was referred back to our
Chief Inspector.
So we already have such a document. Maybe the teachers who compiled the
original doc.after the strike should be the ones to pick up the ball thrown
by Louise.
I am sure many of us would like change to come ,it's just that we are at
this point both exhausted and disillusioned ,since our gripes are
continually aired here on this forum but never really addressed by those
mysterious "powers that be".
Ruth

Jennifer wrote:
>A lttle while ago, Louise suggested making up some sort of questionaire
which might reflect or report on the awful situation in English teaching and
of Engllish teachers in the field.  I understand that there was no response.

I exect there are a number of reasons for this; Bagrut blues, exhaustion,
and the feeling that it won't help.

Perhaps a few teachers could get together to try to create such a document,
so that we could pinpoint more exactly where the problems lie, and think
about what might reasonably be done about them, both in the short term and
the long.  If the document is signed by enough English teachers, it will be
seen if there is a power base from which to operate.

Although I no longer work in schools, I am very much aware of the problems,
and I believe some, certainly, can be rectified.  I still work very hard, so
my time is, to a certain extent, limited, but I feel very strongly about
this, and will do everything I can to try to make sure that the problems
don't get brushed under the carpet.

I know that Etai is one place where teachers can be contacted en masse, but
obviously the fact that we are all working in different areas makes it hard
to get together and get this thing on the road.  Any suggestions?