[etni] Fw: re: question about taking modules from different levels

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:36:22 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shoshana Ben-Yaakov" <aryeben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: question about taking modules from different levels

Hi, Linda,
Let's put some order in your question. As far as the modueles go, modules A.
D and F take place at the same time, B & E are also parallel as are C & G.
That means that a student can sit for module D and then for module G on the
same day.
But that is not the real question. A student sitting for module D is a 4
pointer whereas a student sitting for module G is a 5 pointer. Since we all
know that there is a big gap between the levels of these two exams, I don't
see how one can do it.
On the other hand, if you or the student do want to sit for one module in
moed alef and for the other in moed bet it is still possible.
The only barrier that the ministry has put on the schools/students is that a
student sitting for an exam in moed alef with a certain annual mark cannot
change it for the second moed (i.e., a student got an 80 as his/her annual
mark cannot request his grade to be changed if he wants to retake the exam
in moed bet since moed alef and bet are the same.)Such a change in grades
can only be requested between the simmer moed and the winter one and tht too
has its limitations.
Shoshana Ben-Yaakov
Himmelfarn high school, Jeruslem

Linda wrote:
>I hope I can ask this question on the forum- or must I ask it on Judy's
site?
>Can a student take Module D in the summer, Moed Aleph and then take G in
Moed Bet?  I believe one cannot take D and G during the same Moed.  I know
it is possible to take E with either D or G, as E is connected to both 4 and
5 points.