[etni] Fw: re numeration for teachers

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 06:58:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Silverberg - barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re numeration for teachers

The following appeared on ETNI the other day:

I heard in the teachers room today that teachers are suppose to get some
 extra money from the ministry. Can someone tell me what this is about

 Mark    Weissgold,

Dear Mark,

You are absolutely correct.  The ministry got aholt of some extra money, and
in a few days, Judy Steiner is going to flitter overhead on gossamer wings
and sprinkle shekels pixed with mixie dust into our letter boxes in the
teachers' room.  Just don't forget to leave fresh cream out in the evening.
(I mentioned this in another posting last week.)  The Haredi schools who
refuse to truck with delivery women will be supplied by this guy with 12
reindeer and a sleigh that will appear on the rooftops of the yeshivot.  Ho
Ho Oy Vey.

Now that we both agree that we believe in fairies, the only question  left
is  where is the money going to come from.  Not from O'bama, that's fo sho.

However, I'm sure you've heard that a very senior minister recently spent a
half a million shekels on a redundant trip to France, at a time when
hundreds of thousands of children in this country don't get enough to eat.
Well, if we believe in fairies, we can also believe in just deserts.  So
imagine said minister strung up by his heels from the laundry line of the
Azree'elli until he coffs the money back to the state's coffers.  If we do
this to various other public figures who have accepted bribes or swindled
the public, we soon get a slush fund of several million, enough feed the
hungry and still have something left over to give each teacher and his dog a
bonus.

Sad but true dept:  92% of highschool pupils think that the 'milky way' is a
method of snitching  chocolate puddings from men by wriggling around in a
revealing dress (if you are a woman).  They also think that 'international'
means a Yemenite transvestite.

Department of Philosophy:   If a tree falls on a cassette player which a
Bagrut cassette of the wrong format  has been inserterd while a plane drones
overhead and the proctor is on the phone to his doctor,  and the student
forgot earphones anyway, can we say that anybody heard it?

/Barry Silver (kesseff) Berg, not nearly as rich as Mark (German currency)
Wiess Gold (white gold).