[etni] Fw: re: follow up to Rescue 2

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:42:38 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: <marlenegay@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: follow up to Rescue 2

I have Entry Point 2 and on the back it says there's Entry Point III with
short reading texts and comprehension activities. Let me know how you like
it? It's UPP and the author is Anna Louisa Birger. I've successfully used
Chance (by Russak)with a weak 7th grade group (also UPP). Eric Cohen has
Going Places by Anna Sotto and Janet Ohana (but I think it's too old and not
in stock, but it's excellent). Also, Traveling with English (Eric Cohen) -
also outdated. Also, Eric cohen's the Blue Reader has nice stories,
especially for boys.(The Red Reader is too babyish.)
Shabbat Shalom!
Marlene

Fran wrote:
There is a workbook from UPP called READ ON that I have used with a special needs 8th Grade group. It is aimed at intermediate level emergent readers. It starts with a basic reading level and progresses to more advanced texts. Each text is preceded by a word glossary and exercises. It comes with a CD. I felt that was a good choice because of the variety of different kinds of texts and the comprehension activities.

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **