[etni] Fw: re: another creative writing task

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:02:36 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Nita Reguer - nitaruth77@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: another creative writing task

Thanks to Sara and Laurie. I also use Theme for English B and have the
students use the poem as a skeleton to write their own poem about
themselves. If the muse doesn't hit them, they can always write a
composition or story about themselves.
I also teach Dream Boogie by Langston Hughes to introduce poetry via rap.
Even the students who say "ugh" when they hear the word "poetry" seem to
like that poem. Nita Reguer

Laurie wrote:
>Sara G. suggested a lovely writing task based on "Teacher Man".
>Here's another one. I taught the poem, "Theme for English B" by Langston
>Hughes
> http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~keith/poems/English_B.html.
> I gave the same assignment, as that in the poem, to my 9th grade 5+ group.
> Theme for English B
>The instructor said,
Go home and write
a page tonight.