[etni] Re: Fw: re: Sheila Been

  • From: maxinetz <maxinetz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ask@xxxxxxxx, 'ETNI' <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:41:26 +0200

I was quite sad to hear about Sheila Been's passing.  The younger teachers
among you might not recognize the name, but she was very well-known among
the vatikim among us.  Look at many of the textbooks used in the 70s and 80s
and you'll see her name there.  As a beginning teacher,   I attended
hishtalmuyot with her on how to use TV in the classroom;  she was one of the
pioneers in  teaching English via TV in Israel.    Her textbooks made the
life of a struggling new teacher a bit easier.

My condolences to  Sheila's family.

Maxine Tsvaigrach

From: avi tsur - tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Sheila Been

On behalf of all the English teachers of the Minhal L'chinuch Hityashvuti, I

wish to convey our condolences to Sheila Been's family. She was ideed a role

model for so manyof us leaving her mark on the Educational system of Israel.

Whatever Sheila decided to do, it was always special, motivating and in one
word - educating (for pupil and teacher). I personally owe Sheila so much.
My first job as a counsellor was for Sheila and Educational TV. She inspired

me and helped me to develop as a professional educator. She will be sorely
missed by us all.              (M. H. D. S. R. I. P.)

Avi Tsur, Tzevet Hahadracha and English Teachers of the Minhal