[etni] Fw: re: Moed BEth will (not) solve the Bagrut markers deadlock

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:23:11 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: judyastary@xxxxxxxxx - judyastary@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Moed BEth will (not) solve the Bagrut markers deadlock

Dear Etniers
Whilst Yehudit is absolutely correct in her suggestion that Moed B is a
flagrant waste of public funds, a disgrace and superfluous, unfortunately
its inauguration was originally a political gambit (remember Limor Livnat?)
to try to give second (third, fourth, fifth....) chances to obtain a Bagrut
certificate to certain (shall remain nameless) sectors of Israeli society.
The political tonnage behind the issue of Moed B still exists but in any
case all this is irrelevant to our present struggle.

We are fighting one battle only and that is to get (a)just(ed) quotas so
that exams can be marked fairly and objectively without markers being
subjected to exhorbitant amounts of work they have no hope of completing
within the allotted time span. The present quotas are having a detrimental
effect on pupils and examiners alike. We will not, must not and cannot
continue as before.

If the MInistry wished to make suitable budgetary adjustments in order to
ad"just" the quotas, I am positive it is quite capable of doing so. As
Yehudit Algavi pointed out so pertinently, only by standing firm and not
giving in to pressure will achieve that.

Judith Astary