[etni] Fw: re: Bagrut Exam

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:13:58 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Pillemer" <jackpil@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Bagrut Exam

It was not just you!
Jack Pillemer

Yvonne wrote:
>I am wondering how everyone managed yesterday, not just with the exams
themselves, but with the tape situation.
> We are a big school - all yod bet and yod alef classes did either one or
> two
modules, around 19 classes (you do the Maths of students), plus yod Etgar
and Mabar classes doing Module A. We have many (too many really) kids who
have the dispensation of a tape. On the other hand,  nearly all the Etgar,
Mabar and Special Education (yes we have that too) students do need this
help.
> Our problem is that we are always short of tapes, no matter how many we
order (this year it was exactly according to the names of students who get
this dispensation). I do not understand why we cannot order a few extras, or
why we can't change the number needed after Pesach, which is when some
students decide to change Modules (drop from 5 to 4, or 4 to 3).
>Another problem that arose was a shortage of girsa alef exams, which is
>what
has to be used both for those with a tape and those being tested orally. We
found ourselves desperately photocopying.
>The final problem was of course the Listening. In Module E we had 17
classrooms, meaning we needed 17 radio/tapes (one per room). This was a
major job, requiring us to pull out radio/tapes in all sorts of condition
from all sorts of places. This together with the bad reception in many of
the classrooms made the listening a nightmare and unfair for the kids.
> I'm just wondering, was it just us, or did anyone else feel as frustrated
> as
we did?????