[etni] Fw: mp3 CD's and technologies

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:05:58 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Kerri - kerrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mp3 CD's and technologies

Dear Etniers and Sharon,
I have been following all the letters regarding the recordings. This year I
have more than 50 students in yud-bet and another 45 students in yud-aleph
who need a listening for the Bagrut. All my students have purchased walkmans
in the last 2 years.

I have also asked my school to send a letter to Dudu, after receiving an
email from our MOE Judy Steiner, that she has no say whatsoever in the
testing department.

Therefore I thank you very much Sharon, for being our voice with Dudu and
all the help re how to download and use the computer for recording.

I am willing to use new technologies, but cannot see how in anyway, I will
be able to download 50 files (for every different module) on the day of the
Bagrut. (Meaning downloading more that 150 tests)

So bottom line..
What should we inform the students? To go out and buy a diskman, to buy an
MP3? To buy an IPOD, what????
My school has only 2 computers that will take my disk-on-key, which I bought
with my own money so that I could download things for school. Even for
regular tests it won't be easy on time.

I think that the only answer is for schools to purchase an Ipod per student.
And that we receive the recorded tests on chips or something an hour or so
before the actual Bagrut test of each module.

Anyway, thanks again Sharon for keeping us informed. There seems to be
something wrong here, that we are represented by a teacher, who out of the
goodness of her heart, and being a responsible person, cares enough to try
to solve a problem, that I honestly believe should be done by the English
Department. Not just by some random caring teacher. This is an issue that
every school in the country has to deal with.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe Sharon, you are paid by the Education Ministry to
take upon yourself this responsibility. Are you on the inspectorate staff?

All the best
Kerri