[etni] Fw: in answer to : Me, again

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:01:59 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Leonie Lachmish - simchagirls1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: in answer to : Me, again

Hi, Esther!

You wrote: "when teaching literature, if a teacher shows real JOY and enthusiasm in teaching, and does so in a way relevant to pupils' lives, I find that even those who are lacsidasical get interested and participate"

If it's being done in school, I agree that project work is more interesting and rewarding than another frontal lesson and as for literature - no doubt that a good Literature teacher will make those lessons just about the most meaningful lessons a pupil will have. But it's natural and normal that teenagers usually won't see their schoolwork as the thing they most desire to do. Internet, cable TV, hobbies and their social lives are so much more inviting.

You wrote "Leonie, don't your pupils do most of the project work AT SCHOOL and not at home? We do the vast majority of project work in class (or the p.c. room) so we can follow
what they are actually doing"

Last time I taught at High School, there wasn't enough time to do projects solely in class and I understood that was a general set-back. When my own children (studying at high school) had to do some or a lot of the project work at home, they weren't enthusiastic at all.

Leonie

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **