[etni] Fw: etni Digest V1 #50

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:32:52 +0200

To: "etni digest users" <"etni digestsubscribers"@freelists.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:11 AM
Subject: etni Digest V1 #50

etni Digest Tue, 23 Sep 2003 Volume: 01  Issue: 050

In This Issue:
[etni] New bagrut question
[etni] making tapes
[etni] looking for Isabel
[etni] Re: New Year's e-mails
[etni] compositions
[etni] Fw: re: 11th grade English Speakers
[etni] simple art hisory site
[etni] Fw: Re: making tapes

Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 05:36:57 +0200
From: Jane Berman <djberman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] New bagrut question

Dear ETNIers.
     One of my twelfth graders wants to know the following information.
She's going to the take the 4-pt. Bagrut in June (old format), but wants to
eventually do a 5-point exam for university purposes after graduation. She
wants to know whether she will have to do a 5-point exam according to the
old format, or she can do the F module (or whatever) according to the new
format.
    A personal comment of my own. I' m staggered and infuriated by the
number of questions regarding the new Bagrut format, assessment,
curriculum, etc. In my opinion, it shows that if so many intelligent and
dedicated teachers like us don't understand so much, something is rotten in
the  state of...well, not Denmark, anyway. Whoever has earned a pretty
packet from cooking up this new stuff must be laughing all the way to the
bank!   Jane

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:52:55 +0200
From: Amanda <capco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] making tapes

We have a teacher on the team who refuses to make or copy tapes for
students with 'hakraot shealon' for internal tests. She also won't give
up' her time' to do oral tests - insisting on being paid as a substitute
teacher for these hours.School isn't interested in paying her(!) -
especially as the rest of us are doing it anyway. Is there anywhere that
says she has to do to this, or do the rest of the team have to work even
harder than they already are?
I really need the official sources for this (waving the rule book might
help).
Thanks
Amanda

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:47:16 +0200
From: Amanda <capco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] looking for Isabel

Does anyone have Isabel Berman's email? Thanks Amanda

------------------------------

From: "Gary Zone" <gary_zone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] Re: New Year's e-mails
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:22:34 +0000

Can anyone give me the name of the song on the site below that Avraham Roos
called to our attention?
Even better, is there a translation into English for those of us who are
Hebrew-impaired?
At least if I have the name of the song (in English and Hebrew
transliteration), I may be able to do a Web search myself.
I don't want to send it on to friends without knowing what it is saying,
though it seems really 'groovy'.
Thanks in advance for any help that I receive.
Gary (Gershon)

------------------------------

From: "Vera and Yacov Lachmanovich" <lachmanovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] compositions
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:45:56 +0200

 Hello everybody,  the first link  will bring you to one part of our English
site where you can find workpages and regular and interactive crossword
puzzles connected to summer's reading, The enemy, Take 5, Radio fever and
Kaleidoscope Plus.
http://www.tikah.co.il/english/workpages/mainworkpage.html[1]  In addition
we've put up instructions for how to write a composition / letter etc. for
11th and 12th graders (4 pointers and 5 pointers) Maybe some of you can use
them. http://www.tikah.co.il/english/workpages/compositions.htm[2]     Shana
Tova to all of us! Vera
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8[3] and get 2 months FREE*

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.tikah.co.il/english/workpages/mainworkpage.html
   2 http://www.tikah.co.il/english/workpages/compositions.htm
   3 http://g.msn.com/8HMBEN/2728??PS=

------------------------------

From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] Fw: re: 11th grade English Speakers
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:03:50 +0200

From: "Jack Pillemer" <jackpil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] simple art hisory site
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:50:31 +0200

I'm sure there must be someone out there who can help me. I've been surfing
and come up with little. Here's the thing:

I'm trying to create a project for yud aleph/bet pupils in which they choose
a piece of art and then do research on the artist and the art movements
which influenced that particular piece.
The artists are likely to be from this list:
Vincent Van Gogh    Pablo Picasso   Claude Monet   Salvador Dali   Franz
Marc   Paul Gauguin   Edward Munch   Leonardo de Vinci    Michelangelo
Henri Matisse    Keith Haring

I would like to find a site or two which students could access, read and
undestand for this research.

 It would need to be a site which is youth/learning orientated - not too
complex in terms of ideas and not too difficult in terms of language. I
imagine a student choosing a Dali picture and then finding information about
Surrealism, Monet and impressionism etc.

If someone knows of such a site, please point me to it.

Shana tova

Jack Pillemer

------------------------------

From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] Fw: Re: making tapes
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:38:23 +0200

From: "Ros and Zvika Rubinstein" <zvi43@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: making tapes

In addition to your letter, I would like to add (and I am making the tapes
and doing the oral tests) that I have six students in 12th grade that need
an oral exam and around five in tenth grade who have received this
dispensation.  What am I supposed to do?  The other hardworking members of
the team also have students who need oral tests so I can't ask them to do
mine.  Yesterday, we had the first 12th grade test and I have had to make
appointments to meet with these students to test them.  I don't have many
windows in my schedule so it means that I have to do this in my free time
without pay.  Waving the rule book doesn't help because there are no rules
as far as I can see.  Every year I get more and more students who need to
 be tested orally and I am wondering how I am going to do it this year.
Ros Rubinstein

Amanda wrote:
>We have a teacher on the team who refuses to make or copy tapes for
>students with 'hakraot shealon' for internal tests. She also won't give
>up' her time' to do oral tests - insisting on being paid as a substitute
>teacher for these hours.School isn't interested in paying her(!) -
>especially as the rest of us are doing it anyway. Is there anywhere that
>says she has to do to this, or do the rest of the team have to work even
>harder than they already are?
>I really need the official sources for this (waving the rule book might
>help).

End of etni Digest V1 #50
**** to post to this list email etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ****
**** for help email ask@xxxxxxxx ****