[etni] Fw: disengagement novel

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:29:04 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: menachem - katt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: disengagement novel

I feel that Shifra Shomron's book should be included as a recommended book
for the English Bagrut as it is a piece of literature which our students
should be exposed to.  We work on writing journals/diaries in our English
classes encouraging our students to express themselves in English.  What
better way to exemplify the process than by exposing the students to a
contemporary of theirs who has done this and had it published.  Although
"Grains of Sand" was not written by a foreign author, as Judi cited in her
message, Shifra's  book is based on a period in our history that is,
unfortunately, still foreign to many of our students.
Happy Shavuot
Hannah