[etni] Fw: curriculum ideas wanted

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:05:51 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Vivienne Tankus - vtankus@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: curriculum ideas wanted

Dear Colleagues,

I have been engaged to teach Grades 4 & 5, Dovrei Anglit. I am a veteran
teacher, originally from England. I have taught in the elementary stream
both in Canada and the U.S.A., including second language studies, French
Immersion to be exact. I have also substitued for Dovrei Anglit teachers
here in Israel.

Being relatively new to Israel, I am unfamiliar with the specific
expectations of the programme, other than the obvious, namely to refine,
hone and improve the existing English skills.

If anyone would be kind enough to share ideas, curriculum, even lesson
plans, I would be most grateful. I do not intend to copy anyone's existing
plans, just to see the possible benchmarks on which to build the foundation.
I am expected to produce the year's outlines for both classes this week,
preferably tomorrow. (Of course, I have requested an extension!)

Thank you in anticipation.

Vivienne Tankus
vtankus@xxxxxxxxx