[etni] Fw: Yearly grade

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:28:14 +0200

From: Barabra or Yaacov Ori ojacob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ask@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 5:42 PM
Subject: Yearly grade

Hi- What would be a good way to weigh the inside school grade of an 11th
grade class -5pt level who are doing a project for module E? There are two
semesters per year and the project will be finished the first semester.  I
am not referring to the final school grade with the tables that were
published in the NBA.  I mean their report card grade.  How much should the
project be worth on their report card-in order for it to coincide with the
percentage in the final school grade for module E?  And it isn't the same as
the NBA table mark -because the projects will take only one semester to
complete.

Also, since we did the projects with our 10th grade students last year-can
we use them as one of the two required projects in the NBA?  I think we
can-am I right?

One more question.  How does the Ministry suggest we grade students who are
doing the lower module level?  For example, a 5 point student who is doing
Module E at the end of the 11th grade and Module F in the 12th grade- if the
student is graded on the E level during 11th grade, won't the student get an
inflated impression of what his/her actual level of English is-only to have
the bubble burst when he/she reaches 12th grade and Module F?  Does the
Ministry recommend giving our students who are actually on a higher
level-but doing the lower module-two marks in school-an E level mark in the
11th grade and an F level mark in the 11th grade and then an F level mark in
the 12th grade?

I would appreciate any input.. Thanks and shana tova.  Barbara