[etni] Fw: TRANSLATION

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:14:01 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: avi tsur - tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TRANSLATION

Dear friends,

The Ministry of Education has decided to produce a "Janusz Korczak
Educational LEXICON" which when completed will be distributed to all
teachers in the country. The work is in full swing and will hopefully be
completed soon.

As the initial Lexicon will be in Hebrew, there is a need to have it
translated to English for distribution locally and abroad. The terms (for
example: The Newspaper; The Notice Board; Summer Vacation; Punishment;
Educational Love; etc.) are short and focussed and will be an eduactional
treasure.

On behalf of the steering committee, this is a call to schools who teach
translation to take on the challenge of translating one or more of the
terms. Full credit will be given to the school and the translators.

If you are interested and want more information, please contact me. You are
kindly requested to submit -

Name of School
Coordinator of the Translation Program/class

This is an exciting way of exposing our students to one of the greatest
Jewish Educators whose moral teachings are so relevant today. Hoping to hear
from you soon.

All the best

Tali Asher, Batia Gilad and Avi Tsur
Lexicon Steering Committee