[etni] Fw: Reply to Esther

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 11:54:59 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: byk - byk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reply to Esther

Yes, of course, Esther, you are quite right about speaking English being
probably the most important element we teach.

I was just referring to the reality in Israeli classrooms of 40 or more
kids.  Though one speaks in English, and they reply in English, this doesn't
constitute much practice.  Of course, those pupils who have good aural
talents, usually learn to speak quite well, unrelated to what they do in the
classroom.  Unfortunately, those pupils, however intellectually gifted, who
are not so aurally /orally talented, won't get that much practice in class.

Jennifer