[etni] Fw: RE: Differences between TESOL, TESL, TEFL

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:05:30 +0200

From: "Adele Raemer" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [etni] Fw: RE: Differences between TESOL, TESL, TEFL

I am afraid this didn't really answer Ahmed's question - which was: what is
the difference between TESOL and TEFL?  When I first saw the question, I
also thought to myself- oh - that's easy.... but then I realized what he was
actually asking - and I'm not quite sure now that there is, in fact , a
difference between TESOL and TEFL - except that maybe TESOL could include
BOTH TEFL and TESL, since TESL and TEFL depend on the different environments
in which they are taught, and TESOL doesn't - therefore, maybe that's the
answer?

Adele