[etni] Fw: False Friends

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 08:22:49 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Silverberg - barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: False Friends

I've been begging for a list of 'false friends;'  Words that our kids think
they know because of misleading prior knowledge.

Confusing many with money is not  false friends.  It's just a confusion
caused by not knowing the spelling of the words.

Actually, someone might translate the term 'false friends' as friends who
backstab you.  in that case, the term 'false friends' is a false friend.

Anyway, I have finally given up waiting for you and started my own list.  So
far, 9 entries.  Maybe that will inspire you to add more.

( would anyone translate "Add more" as a great rabbi?

 http://www.etni.org/teachers/barry/2009/false_friends.doc

Shavua Tov.

Barry