[etni] Fw: CDs - stand corrected

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:39:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: CDs - stand corrected

Hi All,

I stand corrected if I misunderstood. I'm glad that the MOE will send enough
CDs for the Bagrut itself. I certainly hope so. But why then, all this talk
about opening the envelopes and opening a recording studio?

And as has been pointed out, how do we deal with testing LD pupils all year
long without becoming recording technicians? Sorry, I still feel strongly
that this is not part of my job description as an EFL teacher. We have
almost an entire class, in my school, of LD pupils. This has got way out of
hand. I know I speak here for the other teachers in my school, too.

Right now, there are CDs available with many of the new textbooks. These
include most of the reading passages.....not always more. This is helpful
but certainly not enough. And getting the parents to purchase the CDs is
another story!

I shall remain "tuned in" for the next "track" !

Laurie