[etni] Re: [FWD: giving school ("magen" grades)

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:24:20 +0200

In light of your experience, I thought you would find the following
interesting.  I've copied it from the most recent FAQ page on the anglit.net
site (here - http://www.anglit.net/main/faqs/faqs4.html ):

"The problem about the correlations is NOT because of the grades for the
projects and the literature program.   As you know, for a few years now, the
guidelines from the English Inspectorate demanded that 30% of the school
grade was for the literature and extensive reading programs.   If and when
schools appealed because of problems with the correlations between the
school grades and the Bagrut grades, this was NEVER stated as a reason for
the gaps in the correlations.  Even though pupils may receive higher grades
for their projects or for tasks related to the literature program than they
do on unseen passages, for example, it would still not explain a gap of at
least 20 points for the entire pupil population taking that specific exam."

Bari

---