[etni] Re: FW: List of movies from replies I received

I would also like to add some movies to the list -

In the old days, when we had 5 hours, I used to show a movie that related to
a specific poem or story we had read in class.  The class had an assignment
- post-reading - and really looked forward to connecting what they had
learned with another genre based on the same/similar theme.

Finding Forrester (achieving goals)
School Ties (closet anti-semitism in an American private school)
Remember the Titans (MLK's I Have a Dream speech and Langston Hughes)
Shattered Glass (before beginning the project)
The Power of One (after teaching the Jew of Saragossa)
Field of Dreams
The Bridge on the River Kwai (after teaching The Enemy)

Enjoy!

Candy

P.S.  I suggest that teachers view Scent of a Woman before showing it to
their classes.

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
** for help - ask@xxxxxxxx **