[etni] FW: Janusz Korczak Hishtalmut

  • From: "avi tsur" <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:45:57 +0000

This coming year I will be giving a 28 hour in-service program on the
Educational Legacy of Korczak.

The topic: Practicing Korczak  in the English (EFL) classroom

The same program [7 sessions] will be held at the following locations
(schools) - Manof (near Acco); Dror (near Ra'anana) and at a school near
Bear Sheba.

An additional program for 14 hours [three sessions]  will be held at Nir
Haemek (near Afula).

The program will include the following topics:
>* Democratic aspects in Korczak's Educational Legacy
>* Korczak's Pedagogical program
>* His work as educator and teacher
>* His Literary work
>* Each child as an individual
>* Prayers (of a child, a young man/woman, educator)
>* The inspirational words of Janusz Korczak
>* Korczak and Modern Research
>* The class newspaper
>* Journals
>* How to love a child
>* Meeting with a graduate of the orphanage / open discussion
>* Korczak in the eyes of the camera

Dror: Wednesdays from 3:00 pm. to 6:00 pm.
November 17th.

South: Tuesdays from 3:00 pm. to 6:00 pm.
1. November 16
2. November 24

Manof: Thursdays from 3:00 pm. to 6:00 pm.
1. November 18
2. December 2
3. December 23
4. January 6
5. January 27
6. February 17
7. March 10

Afula: day/date (not final)  from 3:00 - 6:00 pm.

for Registartion:  Please write to Avi Tsur
tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx