[etni] All My Sons

  • From: Avi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:36:53 +0300

Hi all,
Just felt like I absolutely HAD to post to recommend the production in Hebrew
of All My Sons, currently playing at the Haifa Theatre.

I was totally blown away by it.  Not only by the professionalism and expertise
of the fine actors but also the adaptation and translation is so good that,
almost unbelievably,  I preferred it in Hebrew!!

They've cut out some bits so that the first act doesn't drag and I think
they've also added little lines here and there.  I wish I had the Hebrew script
they used so I could compare it. (It would be interesting to explore this with
our students in class too).  The up-to-date Hebrew makes the play seem so much
more relevant than it does in the colloquial American English of the era.

In addition, the set is gorgeous and quite elaborate for usual Israeli
standards, fabulous lighting and the acting is simply SUPERB.

All in all, I recommend it 100% - one of the best productions I've seen,  GO
TREAT YOURSELVES :-)

Judi