[esnr] Re: regulations

  • From: "Catherine Ruckert" <cjruckert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:14:44 +0000

I hope you are not suggesting that to work in the field of education does not require any special knowledge. Obviously the NFB training courses must include a heavy educational component if non-teachers are ever to be allowed near learning disabled children. The very idea of non-qualified therapists worling with vunerable children is horrifying.

Catherine

From: "rfk" <rfk@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [esnr] Re: regulations
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:27:49 +0200

dear jorge

yes, i absolutely agree with you that there has to be common ground
concerning nf education. as soon as it comes to treatment of patients, i
also agree that there have to be set standards and specific diplomas/degrees
for nf-therapists must be required. still i think that in the educational
field and in the field of peak-performance, there is room for
nf-practitioners having other backgrounds. in these areas, i don't quite see
a point (which you might not make...) in having prerequisits, like
university diplomas, etc. to actually start with the nf-education, which may
be provided by san.
so i see quite an advantage in forming different groups of practitioners
within san as has been suggested before.

best regards

stephan

raum fuer kinesiologie & nf
stephan odermatt
thoerigenstrasse 5
ch-3360 herzogenbuchsee
phone: 0041 (0)62 961 65 55
e-mail: rfk@xxxxxxxxxx
web:www.rfk.ch

co-director neurofeedback institut schweiz dollfus & odermatt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jorge Alvoeiro" <ex_ip276239@xxxxxxx> To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 11:15 PM Subject: [esnr] Re: regulations