[esnr] Re: material on dyslexia

  • From: Andreas Müller <andreas_mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 20:46:17 +0200

Dear Witze
We analysed 278 children from 6 to 17 with spectra and ERP's.
In spectra we found no signifiacant differnces by age.
But there are several differences in ERP's (Test: four letter word is shown
during 200ms and 1 sec later there is a sound which is equal or not equal to
the word). In equal condition the child has to hit the button.)
Two findings are age related:
The recognition of a word:
You will see differences of time in N200 by age in FZ. Thats a very
important finding for differenciate children in dyslexia. (BRANDEIS in
Zürich found the same, but he analysed only 7 and 9 year old children. It's
interesting that this process stops at the age of 14 years!)
We found differences by age in O1 and O2: The group of 7 and 8 year old had
no dominant eye, but the other age groups shows a dominant eye. (BTW:
Dyslexic children shows often problems in O1 or O2).
Two findings are performance related:
Differnces in F7 and T5: The dyslexic people shows more!! engagement on
ERP's (more desynchronisation and less synchronisation)
Differences in T3 and T4: More assymmetries in poor performance.

There are a lot of other findings in cpt auditory. If we have time, we will
publish the data.

Have a good time
Andy