[esnr] Re: material on dyslexia

  • From: "Catherine Ruckert" <cjruckert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:55:02 +0000

Members interested in this thread should look at the work of Paula Tallal, and its application in the Scientific learning products. I have worked with this material fpr three years. The results with CAPD,. dyslexics and LD kids are excellent. I often monitor the kids with my pro-comp while they are using the materials (computer based games) and there is a measurable increase in left temporal beta. The program lasts 6-8 weeks, and is at least one hour daily. Not surprising that it also helps the ADHD comorbid CAPD kids with attention span.

There is a specific game in the battery which trains the ability to discriminate pitch changes with decreasing time and frequency variants. There is a small but significant number who never learn. I suspect that these children will show a very different ERP. Am starting up a research project to investigate further. More information at www.scilearn.com

Catherine Ruckert

From: wzwaag@xxxxxxxxx
To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [esnr] Re: material on dyslexia
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:44:27 +0200 (CEST)

Andreas,

Could you tell a little bit more on the interesting trhings you found

Wytze