[esnr] Re: an interesting week for neurofeedback

  • From: ex_ip276239@xxxxxxx
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:16:22 +0100

Dear Ann,

Thanks for your e-mail which let us know about the TV program in NF.

On the other hand, my impression regarding research, is that there may be
more research in NF in Europe than in the US. In fact, over there, there
are a vast number of people providing NF training and therapy but apart from
labs like the one by Lumbar and a couple more, the NF research, as you have
pointed out, may be a bit thin. Here in Portugal we have two projects in NF.
One proposed to the Bial Foundation, the other to the place where I work. In
the UK I know of your place, Imperial Col. and there is some interest at Hull
in doing something in NF. I believe there other places in Europe like in
Germany and France which are doing research in NF. So, by and large, what
we, europeans, lack is in marketing what we do, as you have described below.
But this is a long established situation and we still carry on not letting
others know what we do best. It looks like we have to go to the US in order
to get the necessary marketing backup so that the world know what we have done,
are doing and plan to do in the future in areas like NF.
Jorge

--
-------
Prof. Dr. Jorge Alvoeiro,PhD(Hull,UK), C.Psychol.(BPS,UK)

------
Clix Rapidix - Aumente até 6X a velocidade da sua Internet
Adira em http://acesso.clix.pt e comece logo a navegar