[esnr] Re: Voting on bye-laws

  • From: Foksfam@xxxxxxx
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:37:52 EDT

Thanks for the deadline reminder John - I have now voted!  Just for  the
record, I found Amendment Number 4 a little tricky, due to the  following
definition:

a. Ordinary members.  Any person with professional qualifications  relevant
to applied neuroscience.

It was the word 'relevant' that got me. I think that for clarity it  would
have been helpful to have specified a list of professional qualifications  that
are deemed 'relevant'.  Of course, it is too late in the day now to  clarify
this, and I regret having left it so late!

The reason I think that this point is particularly important  is because
those members not falling into the category of 'ordinary  members'  (or c or d)
will be automatically be classified as 'Affiliate'  and will therefore not have
a right to vote.  The right to vote is what  separates these catagories -
definitively.

Also - I have voted on the basis of the Amendment descriptors -  there seemed
to be a few anomalies  in terms of article numbers, amendment  numbers and
amendment descriptors (despite the explanation that scrapping  article III
would
have a knock-on effect on numbering)- but maybe that  was just my
perception...

You will be sadly missed at the Brits of course!  But, yes, I will try  and
galvanise the group once more in the late autumn/early winter.   Perhaps
November, because those of us in the UK will need a little  warmth...

Melissa Foks
PGCE
MA Psychology of Education
+44 (0) 20 7207 0801

No warmth, no  cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member -
No  shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no birds, no  leaves, -
November!
(Thomas Hood)