[esnr] Training and certification [was: New society concept]

  • From: Joe Siri Ekgren <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:35:23 +0200

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for your positive outlook. I think that certification and training, wether it is based in Europe or in the US, will have to draw on resources worldwide.

If one looks at the contributors to the Winterthur meeting of the ESNR, so many countries are represented: Russia, USA, Cuba, Austria, Germany, Italy, UK, Switzerland etc. At conferences in the US Europeans are being invited, so there is an increased flow and exchange of experience and knowledge across borders and continents, and even more so with an increased European activity.

On the whole, I think this idea of a separate society,SAN, with a focus on exchange instead of competition is healthy for the field.

It certainly feels good to finally hear european voices discussing future perspectives in applied neuroscience!

Best regards,

Joe
--
Joe Siri Ekgren