[esnr] Re: Training and Certification.

  • From: "Gruzelier, John H" <j.gruzelier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:04:52 +0100

Thankyou everyone for all the messages that have come in over the weekend.

We anticipate that it will take a long time to set up Training courses and
Certification.  This is at a very, very early stage.

We will begin, by holding a week long course on basic training that will be
relevant to all three streams envisaged.  At the same time we are in
discussions with Trondheim.

Jorge, it was antiticipated that these will be for graduates, in most cases,
and they will be at diploma/masters level. The European diploma scheme sounds
interesting, can you forward details? The SAN concept, in contrast to E-SNR,
clearly should help in strengthening the role of neurofeedback amongst the
scientific and clinical communty and warding off any form of take over.
[The BPPS is till alive an kicking, though atracts about 40-50 to its annual
meetings.  I was invited to organise a symposium on biofeedback last year to
which Niels Birbaummer and Herta Flor contributed. Two psychology departments
have since invited me back to speak with the intention of starting biofeedback
reearch.]

Plase note that the aims to set up Training and Certifiacation will occur no
matter what form the society takes, these aims are independent of the issues of
the Referendum.

Volunteers to serve on the committee for Training and Certification are most
welcome.

John