[esnr] Re: ISNR Board Letter to EU ISNR Members

  • From: Edwin Verstraeten <edwin.verstraeten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ESNR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:17:34 +0200

dear list members,

Referring to Lesley Parkinson's and Ralph Warnke's comments, I would like
to point out that the idea of setting up a new society is not about
splitting up a small field, but -- on the contrary -- it has everything to
do with increasing the number of people involved, especially some basic and
applied neuroscientists who can raise the level of scientific credibility
from which everyone in our field can benefit, even also in the Unites States!

Obviously, this has nothing to do with short-term 'politics' but is an
endeavour that has a clear mission and vision (also on the somewhat longer

I think it is important to discuss these issues here, so that some apparent
misunderstandings can be avoided.

best regards,

Edwin Verstraeten
secretary E-iSNR