[esnr] Get up, stand up

  • From: "Berrie Gerrits" <praktijkgerrits@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:19:29 +0200

Hello Lesley,

I share you concerns.
Well, I think the good news is that SAN has just started to slow down its
rapid development speed. This leaves more time for us, clinicians, to step

I think it is up to ourselves, as clinicians (-scientists), to stand up and
add proposals. It means we have to leave our position of "concerned
clinician" and act more pro-active and express what we DO want (instead of
expressing our fears. Like in therapy: from complaint (fear) to solutions,
from a dependent-state to a state of autonomy). We are responsible for the
strength of our own position. I'am not only adressing this to you, but also
to myself (in fact, to be honest, I find it more comfortable to rebell then
to lead and steer) and all other concerned clinicians.

So, I hereby invite you all to drop ideas with regard to the clinician's
position within SAN and how to make it stronger. Maybe we could have a
seperate list to discuss these ideas and in this way feed the Educational
Committee (or other committees). In my peronal opinion there should be room
for clinicians to exchange protocols, do's and don'ts, building a SAN
database (just like Marco proposed). I would welcome an European e-mail
Intervisiongroup (clinicians who consult clinicians by e-mail, an idea which
has been proposed before by a member from Portugal, I think).

The Educational Committee could elect one of their members to be a moderator
for all these ideas. So, these ideas could be collected, summarized and
safed (untill now all beautiful ideas come AND GO, which is a waste of

Yet another way could be to participate in the Think Tank meeting in London
in september. And I hereby would like to make a first contribution to this
Tank: I think it would be wise if we, SAN, would also think about European
laws concerning education/membership. In Holland we've just seen several
lawcases in which local societies have been overruled by European law. It
will cost a lot of time, energy and money if we built SAN on -legally-
unsafe ground.

Met vriendelijke groet/All the best/Ciao,

Berrie Gerrits

Psychologenpraktijk Gerrits
Sloetstraat 14
6524 AS  Nijmegen
Tel: 024-3235053

Neurofeedback en QEEG gecertificeerd (AAPB CR)
BIG geregistreerd (GZ en psychotherapie)