[esnr] Re: Further message from Jiri Tyl with commentary

  • From: "Lesley Parkinson" <lesleyparkinsoncp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:15:45 +0100

Dear John,
Thank you for keeping us up to date with members comments.
I think I want to echo Juri's comments about the need for space for grass -root practitioners as well as more academic scientists.
It did concern me in Winterthur when many of the academics appeared to show little or no interest in clinical presentations.
However as you know I am deeply concerned about training in Neurofeedback and the constant pushing of the BCIA as a training model which, in my view, is far too basic and insufficient.
I think that we should have a European based training and the work done by the E-SNR so far is excellent.
A second concern is the viable funding of a separate organisation.
I am not sure how many members we would have, but if Juri is right and it is only 20 then that is a consideration when we are thinking about viability.
Best Wishes

From: "Gruzelier, John H" <j.gruzelier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ESNR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [esnr] Further message from Jiri Tyl with commentary
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:28:12 +0100

1. I think independent Euro association is necessary for the dealing =
inside the EU frame - certifications, the acceptation by national =
professional societies a.s.
2. in the same time, the association with American Founding Fathers =
should be kept firm and vivid
3. I understand your move to Science, necessary for gaining the respect =
However, in the umbrella association has to be the space for grass-root =
practitioners, without any scientific ambitions - accepting, homely =
space - not to make them afraid of the big, yet clod Science they do not =
belong to.
Otherwise we could lose the membership from the field.=20
Please keep it mind, Herr Professor :))
Jiri Tyl
The issue of the special relationship was addressed earlier today in =
commentary on Geir's message.
Regarding the role of the practitioner, we have given this a high =
priority, as shown by our placing the Training course before the next =
scientific meeting!=20
I know this dosen't please everyone, but it was a unanimous decision.
Members must not under estimate the time involved in running a =
scientific organisation, setting up training courses, certification =
procedures, scientific meetings, mentoring systems, etc ,etc.  We simply =
cannot do everything at once. [The Training Committee has yet to meet =
since Winterthur.] The new society concept has taken up vast amounts of =
Currently we are researching the possibility of having the first =
week-long course in Trondheim in September, 11th-19th, followed by a =
second week  early in 2005 at location to be decided.  Trondheim are =
considering giving us university affiliation for the accreditation; this =
does not mean that all the courses will take place there.
Once we can get the Training and Certification matters on course, we =
will turn to the next meeting.  At the earliest this will be the autumn =
of 2005. =20
Volunteers for work on the Training and Certification Committee would be =
most welcome.