[esnr] Call for data

  • From: Marco Congedo <loretabiofeedback@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:39:01 -0700 (PDT)

 I am working on a new method for studying (left/right) hemispheric
joint-involvements. The major advantage of the approach I am following, as
compared to usual interhemispheric asymmetry, coherence and phase measures, is
that the WHOLE hemispheric involvements (patterns of activation) are considered
simultaneously, and not just an electrode pair at a time.
The method is based on Matrix Decomposition methods and, possibly, extension of
Blind Source Separation (Independent Componenet Analysis).
For the study, I am looking for individual subject data, where each subject is
involved in, say, two tasks, where the two hemisphere should interact
differently. Examples are:
- Reading of words with emotional and non-emotional content
- Looking at face expressing emotions vs. neutral faces
- Analytic vs. Spatial tasks
- Maniac vs. Depressive phase of Bipolars.
Preferably, I would like to start analyzing ERP data, since they are shorther
and cleaner files.
Also because for ERP data it is possible to extend the method to study the
interaction of hemispheres with specific time-lags (e.g., study the
relationship if activity at peaks).
I cannot offer autorship to the records owner for possible methodological
papers coming out from this study.
However I will aknowledge and I will share any insight acquired with the data.
If then those insights are worth, an applied paper in co-authorship would be
more than welcome.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Marco Congedo, PhD
(National Institute for Informatics and Automated Research)
Tel: +33 4 76615409

Do you Yahoo!?