[emsg-dars] Re: DARS: SAPR queue has stalled.

  • From: Brett Bendickson <bbendick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Keith Talbot <talbotk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:13:13 -0700

According to the job log, 128.196.125.242 received a 112 byte darsreal.txt file at 8:59. It's the same size as the file sent at 9:23.

Brett

Keith Talbot wrote:
All,

The DARS real-time feed failed this morning. I have restarted it.

A RT-SAPR was requested for student S01389350 at 8:59. An empty file was received from SIS. By manually re-requesting the SIS file, with no other changes, a file arrived at 9:25. This time it had a single entry for the degree program and nothing else.

This is a familiar, although infrequent pattern of events.

Should this occur again and I'm not around I have put two stored procedures on the DARS server to do one of two things.

sis_real_redo - This will re-request any waiting real-time SAPR requests. Often the data will arrive the second time. sis_real_clear - This will set any waiting real-time SAPR requests as if they had been completed. The data will not be updated.

The files arrive into this folder. \\DARS\C$\DARSREAL. A copy is always placed in .\Received. For non-zero length files after processing the file is placed in .\Completed.

Cheers
  Keith

sqlserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The SAPR queue, SAPR_STATUS, on server DARS, has pending real-time records over 5 minutes old. The real-time process may have stalled.

If you need assistance, contact the list owners at:
    emsg-dars-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
 Brett Bendickson - Web Developer, CCIT - 520.621.7208
   "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get"

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of Arizona