Re: output.activate upon double click

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:21:11 +1000

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:21:51 -0500
Adam Krolnik <akrolnik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> Does the latest emelfm2 detect the end of filenames from egrep output ?
> Last I tried, emelfm2 took the : next to the file and said it wasn't a
> filename.
> E.g. (from emelfm2)
> > egrep _dd  <*.v>
> spi_reg_ctl.vold:        rxbclr_dd  <= 1'b0;
> spi_reg_ctl.vold:        rxbclr_ddd <= 1'b0;
> > egrep _dd ... (2456) returned '0'
>
> Point to spi_reg_ctl.vold   and double click or whatever to run
> output.activate
>
> Currently, I get:
>
> Cannot get information about spi_reg_ctl.v:
>
> Another program prints out messages like:
> halstruct: (./design/serial/rtl_newer/spi_reg_ctl.v,684): Driver from clock
> domain 'spi_top.pclk' is 'spi_top.U_SPI_REG_CTL.mm'.
> module spi_top (
>
> So I'd like elelfm2 to grab the filename and ignore the ( and ,

Adam, the auto-selection mechanism makes no assumptions about what constitutes
a valid char in a file path|name, except that any whitespace char not inside
quotes is assumed to be a boundary. So a ':' in the context you described will
inevitably be included.

However you can manually select anything before activation. So you could select
just the "spi_reg_ctl.vold" and your configured filetype handler for .vold
files should be initiated after double-click.