Re: new pre-release

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:05:37 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:06 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> How compatible are the "old" and "new" config files? Would it work
>> manually copying relevant parts---bookmarks, custom menus, key
>> bindings and file types---from the old to the new? (From what I can
>> see here, however, it seems this would hardly be the case.)
>
> Content apart from bindings will be _largely_ compatible, except for some
> action-names. So I presume you could just replace the bindings in an old
> config file and then individually change actions which don't work, via a
> config dialog.

I thought that it would be nice to provide user with the option to
replace only the keyboard bindings part of the old config file, and
use this "upgraded" config. Would this be difficult to implement?

Another issue with the pre-release is that I am unable to define
keyboard bindings; these are simply not captured by emel. Sometimes
I'm even able to type in "aasdf", instead of the binding. NOTE: I have
just installed the latest pre-release, and this issue seems gone. I
still can however not use the defined bindings.

Also, since gtkspell-2.0.14 was released, it no longer needs to be
patched in order to integrate correctly with emel. It would probably
be best to update the files Makefile.config and INSTALL, and the Patch
section of the Downloads Web page[1]. I would also suggest to include
on the home page [2] the same information about the dependencies as
that contained in INSTALL.

Regards,
Liviu

[1] http://emelfm2.net/DownLoads