Re: how to work with trash bin?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:12:34 +1100

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:09:54 +0300
BrainWorker BrainWorker <owl.brainworker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How to work correctly with trach bin?
> Where does it reside?
> How to restore deleted file of dir from there?
> How to purge trash bin?
>
> Thash bin consists of some subdirs: expunged, files, info. What the
> purpose of these subdirs?

'expunged' is nothing to do with emelFM2. We work to the fdo trash
specification (more or less - no check for sticky permission of 'top' trash
dirs).

There are actions to move item(s) into trash, to view trash contents and (if
you really want it) to restore item(s) from trash. 'Really' in the sense of
un-commenting a line in the main header file before building the application.
AFAIK the untrash action hasn't been tested for a while now. Liviu A. might be
able to comment further on this.