Re: emelfm2 disregards environment variables set in .bashrc

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:44:10 +1100

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:31:01 +0200
peter kostov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Tom, but it doesn't work here. I have tried both
> ways described in the usage doc, but the program I am starting still
> doesn't find those paths. When I try to retrieve the vars by typing e.g.
> $PATH
> in the command line of emelfm2 I get the following:
>
> Failed to execute child process "/some/path/bla_bla/"  (No such file or
> directory).

Well, since a path string is not an executable, of course, how about
 echo $PATH
?

> And the question two is - is there a way to set variables like when I
> use the 'source' command in bash?

You can't force an emelFM2 command to run in the current process.

 Because there are a bunch of variables
> and setting them by hand is a bit tedious, although they are stored by
> emelfm2 and is not necessary to set them each time. On the other hand
> when changing some of them I have to remember to set change them in
> emelfm2 too in order to be in sync.

Perhaps an alias, being a command which grabs the environment variables you
want, and sets them to internal variables.