Re: emelfm2 disregards environment variables set in .bashrc

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:14:28 +0200
peter kostov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this may be some misconfiguration on my side, but I can not make emelfm2
> read the environment variables set in my .bashrc file when not started
> from a terminal.
> In other words if I start emelfm2 from a terminal everything works. But
> if I start it from a launcher and then try to execute some custom
> command (which requires some paths to be set) on a file that command
> fails because obviously the corresponding variables are not set within
> emelfm2.
>
> I am using emelfm2-0.8.0 on Gentoo linux with Xfce 4.8.0
>
> Please point me to a solution of that problem!

From USAGE document ...

Shell environmental variables may be stored by a command of the form 'set NAME
VALUE' or 'set NAME=VALUE', retrieved by '$NAME', and cleared by 'set NAME' or
'set NAME='.

Much like shell environment variables, internal variables may be defined and
used e.g. for communication between actions or commands. Similar to the case of
an environment variable, an internal variable can be stored by a command of the
form 'NAME=VALUE', retrieved by '$NAME', and cleared by 'NAME='. In addition, a
command '=VALUE' will list the name of any internal variable with that value,
and just '=' will list all internal variables with their values.

Whitespace surrounding the "=" in any variable-related command is ignored.

AFAIK this stuff still works as described. Anyone know any different ?